eToro was founded in 2007 by three entrepreneurs who set out to disrupt the world of trading.
Their mission: To make trading accessible to anyone, anywhere, and reduce dependency on traditional financial institutions. In 2009 eToro launches its cutting-edge, intuitive trading platform, enabling anyone, anywhere to trade financial assets online. WebTrader included professional tools for both beginner and advanced traders. Today, eToro is considered as the large social trading platform in the world with more than 10M users.
eToro has 4 offices around the world: London, Limassol, New jersey and Sydney.
eToro’s trading platform is very social oriented and contains a lot of social features like news feed, Copy people and more.
eToro's recent Awards
eToro have won numerious industry awards over the 14 years they have been operating as a financial broker.
- ADVFN International Financial Awards Best Social Trading Platform 2019 Winner
- ADVFN International Financial Awards Best Platform for Trading Cryptocurrencies 2019 Winner
Platform & Tools
The eToro platform gives traders and investors access to more than 2,000 different financial assets, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, indices, currencies and commodities which can be invested in both with and without leverage, giving almost anyone access to short-, mid- and long-term investment options
With eToro you will need a minimum deposit of $200.
FREE Insurance of up to 1 Million Euro/GBP/AUD eToro has purchased an insurance policy from Lloyd’s of London for its clients’ benefit. The insurance covers claims of Eligible Clients (of eToro (Europe) Ltd., eToro (UK) Ltd. and eToro AUS Capital Pty Ltd.) suffering losses in the unlikely event of eToro’s insolvency and in case of Event of Misconduct.
eToro is the world’s largest community of traders and investors, numbering more than 10 million from more than 140 countries. eToro is home to talented and experienced investors, many of whom with track records that outperform market benchmarks. The eToro News Feed operates just like that of any social network, enabling traders and investors to interact, share ideas, insights and trading strategies, and even make new friends.
Ready-Made Investment Portfolios
eToro Investment Portfolios (CopyPortfolios) group several assets or people, bundled together based on a predetermined theme or strategy. eToro offers thematic CopyPortfolios, focusing on innovative markets, such as 5G, cloud and much more. Some CopyPortfolios utilise advanced algorithms, machine learning and AI to leverage the wisdom of the crowd.
CopyTrader™, eToro’s most popular feature, allows you to view what real traders are doing in real time and copy their trading automatically.
Education & materials
eToro offers a lot of different types of educational materials such as:
- eToro’s Trading School
- eToro’s podcast
- eToro’s learning lab with Video tutorials
- Daily market review
- News and analysis articles
- Real account Opening a new account is simple and can be accomplished online. Once you’ve submitted all the required information, there’s a 1-4 day wait while your identity is verified and your account is opened. U.S. residents can open an account for $50, as can Australian residents. Residents of all other countries require $200 to open an account.
- Demo account funded by $100,000 virtual money is readyd for free practice
Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Maestro), PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill.
eToro offer a few options for customer service:
- Phone support not available (except in Australia)
- Online chat available from the Customer Service page
- No live broker support
Min. Deposit $100
80.6% of retail CFD accounts lose money