City Index Review
ABOUT CITY INDEX
City Index is a global Spread betting, FX, CFD, and online financial Trading platform owned by GAIN Capital, an International company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Originally founded in 1983, it began operations in 1984 as a spread betting brokerage in the UK. It added CFD trading (which allows traders to speculate on asset prices without actually owning them) to the services it provided in 2001. In 2005, this prominent brokerage acquired the IXF Group along with two of its brands, IFX Markets and Finspreads, and FX solutions in 2008.
City Index is a trusted brand with over 35 years of experience in the game. It is a well-regulated broker that offers its customers access to over 12,000 markets across forex, indices, shares, commodities, and cryptocurrency. This reliable brokerage is a trusted brand for its advanced trading platforms, excellent mobile app, education, and diverse market research.
As of 2018, City Index already had over 150,000 retail accounts and $978 million in client assets. It is a trusted and reliable brand, operational in over 160 countries, and has remained one of the flag bearers in the industry.
PLATFORM AND TOOLS
Traders on City Index have access to three desktop platforms and mobile trading apps for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets:
- Advanced Trader Pro (AT Pro): AT Pro is an excellent gateway to financial markets built for experienced traders. It offers robust charting with 139 indicators and 25 drawing tools, a development studio with automated trading functions, improved speed, and the ability to use historical data to back-test potential strategies. It is available as a mobile version or as a downloadable desktop version.
- Web Trader: This is a browser-based platform that offers advanced HTML 5 charts, customizable screen layout, and advanced charts that feature custom indicators. It is responsive and easy to use platform ideal for those that are new to trading online.
- MetaTrader 4 (MT4): The dominant industry-standard platform in the trading market, offering advanced features by City Index’s service, market analytics, support, and pricing. The MT4 web platform and mobile apps are also used for mobile trading with stop-loss orders, watchlists functionality, and Reuter integration.
CITY INDEX REGULATIONS
City Index is a low-risk broker with an overall trust score of 93 out of 99. It does not operate a bank, is publicly traded, and is authorized by three tier-1 regulators; the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Client funds are segregated, and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protects traders in any case of bankruptcy, insolvency, or other eventualities. City Index has remained one of the most transparent brokerages to date.
CITY INDEX’S LATEST AWARDS
City Index is a leading broker that has over 26 awards in the past two years. It is little wonder why over 120,000 traders choose to trade on this platform. The track record of awards clearly passes the message of how efficient this broker has been over the years. Some of the awards are:
- Best Spread Betting Provider 2019
- Best Professional Trading Platform 2019
ADVFN International Financial Awards
- Best CFD Provider 2020
- Best Platform for the Active Trader 2020
- Best CFD Provider 2019
Online Personal Wealth Awards (OPWA)
- Best Professional Trading Platform 2020
- Best Tablet Application 2020
- Best Spread Betting Provider 2019
- Best Trading Platform 2019
- Best Mobile Application 2019
Professional Trader Awards
- Best Trading Account Margin Rates 2019
- Best Trading Loyalty Program 2019
London Trader Show
- Best Professional Trader Service 2020
- Best CFD Provider 2020
- “Best in Class” Overall – 2020
- “Best in Class” Beginners – 2020
- “Best in Class” Research – 2020
- “Best in Class” Active Trading – 2019
- “Best in Class” Trust Score – 2019
There is no doubt that this broker has really deserved these awards and more, winning in almost every category possible. City Index is no doubt a prominent player in the brokerage market.
CITY INDEX’S EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
City Index offers rich educational content for beginners and professionals alike. It has ten written articles ranging from forex and CFD trading to managing risks. The City Index training center also contains advanced subjects on trading strategies. There are video contents available, the Trading Academy series, the Celebrity Trader series, where celebrities give tips and views on trading activities, webinars on their YouTube channel, and more videos on the City Index website to educate users.
The broker also delivers high-quality market researches for its clients. These include daily editorial from City Index’s team of analysts, Trading Central’s suite of research tools – integrated directly into City Index’s flagship platforms – and news headlines from Thomson Reuters. There are also SMS alert services for clients, written research and analysis articles published each day on the website and platforms, and an economic calendar to keep traders informed always.
City index maintains excellent research capabilities, and traders can also take advantage of the short and long length video contents on the site and on YouTube, providing a good balance of quality news, information, and analysis for its clients.
Contact is available 24/7 via phone, e-mail, and mail and has a very quick response time.
CITY INDEX’S TRADING INFORMATION
City Index mobile app offers a smooth trading experience, along with the MT4 mobile app. Both apps are available on iOS, Android, and desktops. Trading Central is directly integrated into the mobile app, with several modules available, including Technical Insights, Featured ideas, and Analyst Views sections to help clients easily trade. With advanced features like fast and flexible workspaces, advanced charts powered by Trading View, and custom indicators, City Index ensures a seamless trading experience for its clients.
CITY INDEX CUSTOMER SERVICE
Customer support is available 24/5. Clients may send e-mails, use the webform, call the helpdesk, or use the live chat function on the website. City Index also offers various support materials, and traders can also require assistance when facing difficulties. The customer support is available in various languages, and they are always prompt when clients reach out.